Monday, May 07, 2007

Quiz Quiz Quiz

After a break forced upon us by our radio adventures, Eyan and I returned to our quizmasterly roles this month. See previous quiz related shenanigans here, here, here, here and here. Check out one of Eyan's rounds from this month's quiz on his blog of ultimate silliness here.

It was my turn to do the picture round and the sport round and they are presented for your delectation below.
All these actors/actresses/directors have been nominated for Oscars in the last 5 years but lost out. Number 1 is top left and works across to bottom right being number 15. Click on the picture for a larger view.

1) Name at least two penalty scorers from last nights Champions League Semi between Liverpool & Chelsea.
2) Two snooker legends played each other in the first round of this years Snooker World Championship. Who won – John Parrott or Steve Davis?
3) Which golfer is currently top of the world rankings?
4) The next F1 race is to be held in Spain on the 13th May. In which city is the Grand Prix to be run?
5) On Saturday Sale Sharks were hammered 49-0 by which London side?
6) Which were the two teams to contest the 2007 Cricket World Cup final?
7) Canada beat Germany 8-3 in an international final on April the 8th. But in which winter sport did this hard fought victory come?
8) In which sport would you find the terms rinks, jacks, ends and sets?
9) Last week, China's Qiu Hongmei set a new clean and jerk world record. In what sport was he involved at the time?
10) Which football club’s stadium is closest to the River Mersey?

Answers sometime later in the week.

I had the misfortune to be talking with what I can only describe as a 'fashionista' the other day. They made me very very very angry. I was going to write a furious post condemning these fashion nazis. Then I read this magnificently angry article by Charlie Brooker on the same topic and thought I would give you a link to that instead. Read it here.

3 comments:

David L Rattigan said...

Ok, offhand, going L-R, top to bottom, Leonardo DiCaprio (sp?), Eddie Murphy, Heath Ledger (looking rather dishy there, actually!), some gal I don't know, Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, some other guy I don#t know, the lovely Kate Winslet, that gal with the annoying voice - Natalie Portman?, Judi Dench, Will Smith, Steven Spielberg, Peter O'Toole, Clint Eastwood... that last one looks like Meryl Streep.

2. I'd hope it was John Parrott (local hero, yay), but it was probably Davis
3. Tiger Woods?
4. Barcelona?
Hang on, these are all sport. Am I supposed to know these?
10. Probably Tranmere Rovers.

Midnight Candle said...

I am far from fashionable myself, but man was that guy on a rant - referring to the linked article, of course. Overall very amusing.

But trust me, men would mourn with deep sorrow if women only spent five minutes a week thinking about their clothes and appearance.

9/10ths Full of Penguins said...

Hi Dave. I'm impressed you even had a go at the sport round. A valiant effort old chap!

Hi Nat, you're probably right. But I certainly agree with his desire to grab fashionable flat caps off the heads of the tits who wear them and throw them onto the nearest roof. I practically choked half a cup of tea over myelf in amusement at that line in the article.