I have finally finished the most boring essay in the world... so to (um) celebrate here is, as promised to Sarah, the rest of the Penguins/Fat Roland/Dan quiz.
1) Who was England's leading wicket taker in the disastrous Ashes series?
2) Name the politician who disturbed the nation in last year's 'Sleb BB by pretending to be a cat?
3) In which of the world's deserts can temperatures reach over 50oC in summer and -40oC in the winter? Gobi, Sahara or Egypt's White Desert.
4) The Vatican is planning to stage an opera based in which classic medieval poem?
5) What is the name of BBC Three's Dr Who spinoff?
6) Which programme had the highest ratings on terrestrial TV this Christmas?
7) Which of the following film sequels is not being released in 2007? Spiderman 3, Die Hard 4, Rocky 6 or Indiana Jones 4.
8) Which band did Radio 2 listeners crown the greatest British band of all time?
9) Its far too long to type out Q9 - so I'll just give you the answer..."I'm the Bishop of Southwark, its what I do"
10) Which UK airport was struggling with a literal lost luggage mountain?
(by Dan, who's got some class, so the pleb questions in here were added by Eyan & I on the night, they are not his fault!)
1) a)Name the opera that was staged a La Scale in Milan in December
b) Name the composer of this opera?
2) a) How much did it cost to build the Bridgewater Hall? 32, 42 or 52 million quid
b) How many performances are held in it each year? Over 250, 300 or 350?
c) How many Steinway Grand pianos does it have? 2,4 or 6?
d) It also boasts a 'Bourdan 16 footer' outside the swell, which is 30% tin. What is this?
3) What was the Christmas No 1?
4) The Beatles featured 7 times in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame's 500 most influential songs.
5) What improbably named singer was born in India as Arnold George Dorsey?
6) Name this year's X Factor runner up?
7) What was the biggest selling single of 2006?
8) Which instrument links the following performers?
a) Julian Bream, John Williams, Slash
b) Nigel Kennedy, Vanessa Mae, Nicola Bendetti
c) Yo Yo Ma, Jacqueline DuPre, Julian Lloyd Webber
9) Music from films. Name the film that famously feat. the following music:
a) Barber's Adagio for Strings
b) Beethoven's Symphony No 9
c) Strauss' Blue Danube
d) Maria McKee's Take my Breath Away
10) Name 2 songs from Gershwins opera Porgy & Bess?
Phew lots of text....have a psychotic penguin
The answers for the picture round in Quiztastic Vol 1 are buried in the comments!