Monday, April 16, 2007

Sorry....

When I last posted here, I recall that I said I would be posting fairly regularly during my radio adventure with Refresh FM.

As you can see, that did not happen. I am very sorry to those of you who were waiting for me to expose the grim underbelly of RSL Christian radio. Have a virtual edible arrangement by way of apology. (Sadly the only grim belly that manifested itself in anyway was my own mighty paunch, which due to a combination of the excellent Refresh FM cake fairies and a pathetic lack of willpower grew somewhat over the last two weeks.)

Anyway, my shows went very well, despite or maybe because of, a much greater amount of presenting thrown my way this year. I had a huge amount of fun this year and I just want to say thank you to all the Refresh bods who work so hard to put Refresh FM on the air for over 2 weeks every Easter. I also want to thank them for their possibly foolhardy willingness to allow myself and co-presenter Eyan access to the airwaves of Manchester. Podcasts of the shows I was involved in; The Quite Early Show, the Theatre of Noise and the Late Breakfast will soon be available here. Click and await them with baited (um) mouse fingers.
Here am I during the first Quite Early Show saying something astoundingly silly while Engineer Dom levitates outside the window and Reception Badger Kathy looks on in awe at my uncanny ability to speak into a black tea saucer while moving one hand simultaneously. Who says men can't multi-task?

In the course of the two weeks I came across lots of great new music which has earned its very own post in the near future.

I also spent a very relaxing Easter weekend in Llandudno. While there I enjoyed Easter Sunday morning at Holy Trinity, Llandudno, the lovely sunshine and exercising my phlegm trying to pronounce Welsh town names (an activity I have always loved despite my lamentable linguistic skills). Here is the view from the top of the Great Orme which was a fine reward for clambering up a hill of distressing steepness.
Movies
Aliens *****
Hellboy:Sword of Storms ****
Anime Hellboy! Great!
Sunshine ****
A very interesting and visually stunning film I liked very much
The Host ****
A hysterically funny Korean monster movie that mixes elements of Jurassic Park, Jaws and Tremors in a gloriously fun mix.

3 comments:

Midnight Candle said...

Mmmm... virtual fruit.

9/10ths Full of Penguins said...

Indeed.

Although, not as satisfying as the real thing. For some reason the the flavour is reminiscent of PC screen.

Not sure why...

Midnight Candle said...

Really? It looked so perfect and lovely I couldn't bring myself to taste it.