Sunday, April 01, 2007

"Don't worry, no-one's listening..."

I have blogged in the past about Refresh FM here, and now this year's broadcast is here. This year Refresh have (possibly ill advisedly) asked Eyan and I to be more involved in the presenting side of things than ever. Check out Eyan's surreal post about his schedule here.

If you live in Manchester try tuning to 87.7FM at the following times over the next two weeks and you may be unlucky enough to catch me and/or Eyan wibbling away.

Most weekdays 9-11pm will see the Quite Early Show (QES) edge timorously into the spotlight with a mix of music and untrammelled silliness (some of the games and items we have planned for this year are spectacularly silly even by our standards).

I say most weekdays, because on Wednesday nights, QES will be unceremoniously shouldered aside by its disreputable cousin, the Theatre of Noise. This involves playing exceeding loud, shouty guitar music and destroying things with power tools (like the Chris Bowater CD we annihilated on a TON podcast recently and that is thoughtfully pictured below for you) and hammers live on air. Alongside old favourite the Chainsaw Challenge we have a shiny new game called Sackcloth & Bashes for this years TON.

Eyan and I are also job sharing two other shows. The weeknight Wind Down 11pm-12am and the Late Breakfast Show 9-11am will see us alternate with myself one day and then Eyan the next.

For those of you not lucky enough to live in Manchester (um), we are hoping to post a couple of podcasts per week of the highlights (please, let there be some...) and lowlights of our radio escapades.

I think I will try to blog fairly often over the broadcast to give you, sweet reader, a behind the scenes glimpse into the goings on in a short-term broadcast radio station. Investigating its grimy underbelly if you will...

Movies
The Last Samurai ****
300 ***
I've only given it three stars because while hugely entertaining it was one of the dumbest films I've ever seen! However, I saw it at the IMAX in the city centre, which was the perfect place to admire its astonishing visuals.

No comments: