Thursday, October 18, 2007

Still & Moving Pictures

The first wednesday of this very month saw my emergence from pub quiz hibernation.

In a new venue in South Manchester; myself and Eyan's pub quiz returned in autumnal glory (See previous quiz shenanigans by clicking here). By clicking on this link right here, you can see his sports round. Below for your edu-tainment is my picture round which will fiendishly test your knowledge of Manchester people. Click on the image for a bigger picture.

Answers in about a week....

No googling allowed...... I will know.

*Answers in the comments*

Movies
Nightwatch *****
Daywatch ****
The Bourne Ultimatum *****
Children of Men *****
Blades of Glory ***
Alien vs Predator *
Hellboy Animated: Blood & Iron ****
Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai *****

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I so don't know any of these, so instead I'll say who they look like.

Upper left looks like a young Mark Heap.

Just under him looks just like my friend Lowell, that I work with, only about 10 years older.

Person under that looks like my friend Max. He really is that color, too.

The guy on the upper right looks like John Malkovich prior to a face lift.

The guy to his left looks like he swallowed a bug and has just realized this fact.

Valerie said...

Oh yeah and what's the key on your movie ratings? I mean, orange vs. red? I love Ghost Dog...

9/10ths Full of Penguins said...

Valerie: I'll give you four points and chocolate biscuit for that effort...

The movie key is simple. Up to 4 stars gets orange and 5 stars get red so it stands out to show how truly outstanding the movie is.

Valerie said...

I'm intrigued -- the movie of Children of Men is really that good? Because (to me) the book was execrable, a dreadful error by a normally fantastic author. But people have said the movie's better than the book. Hmmm....

Tim F said...

Top: Ian Curtis; Paul Scholes; LS Lowry?; Norman Foster?

Middle: David Lloyd George; that girl with a wonky heart who does loads of fund-raising, I think she's called Kirsty something, looks a bit like Billie Piper I reckon; Bernard Manning; John Thaw (duh, you can see his autograph)

Bottom: Dunno; Liam Gallagher; Sir Anthony H Wilson, RIP; dunno, is he a soap actor, maybe?

I love Ghost Dog; Children of Men I thought was OK, Clive is always good value.

9/10ths Full of Penguins said...

OK, the answers are:
Top(left to right):
Ian Curtis, Paul Scholes, LS Lowry, Norman Foster
MIddle:
David Lloyd George, Kirsty Howard, Bernard Manning, John Thaw
Bottom:
Christopher Eccleston, Liam Gallagher, Tony Wilson, Ricky Hatton

Tim - 10 out of 12, I salute you
Valerie - 0 out of 12 but valiant as ever